I was wating forever for this to come on my dash again.
AHAHAHA NOT QUITE, OP, NOT QUITE
FUCKING NAILED IT
I had seen the original making the rounds. Glad to see it got a proper rebuttal.
closet-racists like to claim that they’d be totally fine and dandy with traditionally white characters being portrayed by actors of color whilst they’re casually dismissing the prevalence of white-washing in hollywood. hate to break it to you, but that is NOT the typical response that actors of color receive, and if you can’t acknowledge that, then you’re only adding to the problem.
remember that time hunger games fans flipped their shit because rue, who IS actually black in the books, was rightfully cast as black in the film? apparently their rose-colored white-is-default glasses made their eyes gloss over that tidbit of info. (let’s not even get wholeheartedly into the fact that katniss was described as having olive skin and jet black hair but her casting call specifically asked for only white actresses…because non-whites could never be expected to have dark hair and tan skin amirite?!)
remember that time people actually boycotted thor because idris elba was in it? http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/12/16/racists-thor-idris-ebla-racism/
remember that time donald glover got hoards of letters calling him the n-word because there were rumors about him possibly being the new spiderman? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgko-xReFSs
or that time the film adaptation of avatar: the last airbender (a show with OBVIOUS asian inspiration) was almost an entirely caucasian cast except for the “bad guy”, who, in the cartoon is actually light-skinned? http://io9.com/5111680/avatar-casting-makes-fans-see-white
or remember that time all those fans said it was wrong to have angel coulby play the role of gwen in merlin because it wasn’t era-appropriate. because, ya know, being era-appropriate in a made-up story about magic is srs bsns.
so that’s why i don’t give a shit if you think i’m “overreacting” about jj abrams having a white actor play khan noonien singh. i’m not that surprised by it, since actors of color are routinely dismissed, but i still reserve the right to be pissed.
- 1: What are you wearing?
- 2: Ever been in love?
- 3: Ever had a terrible breakup?
- 4: How tall are you?
- 5: How much do you weigh?
- 6: Any tattoos do you want?
- 7: Any piercings that you want?
- 8: OTP?
- 9: Favorite Show?
- 10: Favorite bands?
- 11: Something you miss?
- 12: Favorite song?
- 13: How old are you?
- 14: Zodiac sign?
- 15: Hair Color?
- 16: Favorite Quote?
- 17: Favorite singer?
- 18: Favorite color?
- 19: Loud music or soft?
- 20: Where do you go when you’re sad?
- 21: How long does it take you to shower?
- 22: How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
- 23: Ever been in a physical fight?
- 24: Turn on?
- 25: Turn off?
- 26: The reason I joined Tumblr?
- 27: Fears?
- 28: Last thing that made you cry?
- 29: Last time you cried?
- 30: Meaning behind your url
- 31: Last book you read?
- 32: Last song you listened to?
- 33: Last show you watched?
- 34: Last person you talked to?
- 35: The relationship between you and the person you last texted?
- 36: Favorite food?
- 37: Place you want to visit?
- 38: Last place you were?
- 39: Do you have a crush?
- 40: Last time you kissed someone?
- 41: Last time you were insulted and what was it?
- 42: What color underwear are you wearing?
- 43: What color shirt are you wearing?
- 44: What color bottoms are you wearing?
- 45: Wearing any bracelets?
- 46: Last sport you played?
- 47: Last song you sang?
- 48: Last prank call you remember doing?
- 49: Last time you hung out with anyone?
- 50: Favorite movie?